Services > Hypnobirthing
This course is about eliminating some worries and managing others and placing birth as a central role in adjusting to becoming a parent. It is about empowering women to have a positive birth experience eg. Safer, more comfortable and easier.
Using self-hypnosis, relaxation, visualisation and breathing techniques to prepare mind and body for birth. The course teaches pain management and aims to boost confidence so that you manage rather than fear childbirth. It is about changing the expectation of birth.
Hypnosis for childbirth enables the mother to go into labour feeling calm and confident.
- Course aims and objectives
- Fears & expectations of birth
- The Fear – Tension – Pain Cycle
- Anxiety & the role of hormones
- Breathing techniques
- Practical exercises for relaxation & breathing before, during and post labour
- What is hypnosis?
- The ideal mental state
- Managing anxiety
- Practical exercise for releasing anxieties & fears
- Active Stage 1 labour
- Dilation measurement myths
- Discomfort management
- Partner’s involvement
- Practical exercise for steadiness of breathing
- Transition stage of labour
- Hallmarks of Stage 2
- Positions for labour & birthing
- Baby’s experience of birth
- Practical exercise for giving birth
- Stage 3 of labour
- Adjustment to parenthood
- Language – Negative & Positive
- Birthing the placenta
- When it doesn’t go according to plan
- Post delivery
- Practical exercise for birth rehearsal with practising positions
Every class will include watching inspiring videos, a chance to practice and for discussion. Also included are 5 MP3’s and hand-outs for practice at home.
Cost per course will be £250 with a non refundable deposit of £50 to be paid before course commences. Balance to be paid 5 days before the course starts. Payment via bank transfer.
How to Book your place:
Booking can be done by any of the following:
- by phone - Call Carolyn on 07930 130 103
- by email email@example.com
- contact form on Three Hazels website